Casey Neistat


I had a quick e-mail exchange with the adventure-chasing film director and producer Casey Neistat.  Here are his no-nonsense responses to a few questions:

What inspires you?
I don't know why that question bothers me so much.  But.  I'm not sure.  I confuse motivation with inspiration

What is your creative process when working with a client or a project for yourself?  How does it differ between the two?
Project for me starts with 'what's best for me' for a client it's 'what's best for the client'.

What are your top 5 all-time favorite movies?
life and death of colonel blimp
godfather 2
predator
die hard
____ imma leave the last one blank because i'm leaving out a lot with this list 

What book are you reading now?
Reclaiming the Bible for a non-religious world.  It's pretty good.  I liked what the author had to say on NPR

It looks like you have purposely married the analog and digital in your life.  Is it a good mix or do you favor one over the other and why?
I love them both.   Analog reminds the world we are animals digital tries to convince us we're not.


A peak into his fabulous studio courtesy of Gizmodo:

No comments:

Post a Comment